Thursday, December 1, 2011

Advent Calendar

I can't ever remember doing an advent calendar as a kid (surely we did?) but this year I decided to make one for our family. I didn't want to spend any money on it but wanted something unique.  After searching a bit I found this post. Isn't that cute?

Here is our version:






I used this tutorial to make small origami boxes and pilfered some larger cereal boxes from our recycling.  I wrapped those in newsprint so the brands wouldn't show through. Then I decorated with stuff we had around the house: pictures, a dust jacket from a book, foam stickers, an old Santa card I saved, my scrapbook stash and wrapping paper.  I cut the ornaments from scrapbook paper and the 'metal' on them is tinfoil :)  Mia contributed some drawings and a popsicle stick reindeer.  She was very proud to see it on the wall when she got up this morning.  ("That's mine reindeer, mama!")






No comments:

Post a Comment